INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
of the users visiting the websites of Mect srl
Pursuant to Article 13 of the EU Regulation 2016/679
WHAT IS THIS INFORMATION?
The information provided below describes, as required by the EU Regulation 2016/679, the processing operations performed on the personal data of the users visiting the Mect srl (hereinafter, "us" or Mect) websites. Those websites include the following:
The information provided does not concern other online websites, pages or services that can be accessed via hyperlinks on the above websites but relate to resources outside the Mect domain.
Visiting the websites listed above may result into processing data relating to identified or identified natural persons.
The data controller is Mect srl, contactable:
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone: +39 011 96 64 616
- by mail: via Fermi, 57/59 10091 - Alpignano (TO)
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
The personal data mentioned on this page are processed in the rightful interest of the Data Controller in providing, analyzing, improving and personalizing the services and for the proper functioning of the site, when the procedure does not hinder your needs for data protection or your rights or your fundamental freedom. In some cases we may have a legal obligation to collect personal data to protect your interests or those of others (for example, to prevent a cyber attack or to confirm your identity).
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA AND PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this web site acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols.
This data category includes the IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers and terminal equipment used by any user, the URI/URL (Uniform Resource Identifier/Locator) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user's operating system and computer environment.
These data are necessary to use web-based services and are also processed in order to
- extract statistical information on service usage (most visited pages, visitors by time/date, geographical areas of origin, etc.);
- check functioning of the services.
Browsing data are kept for no longer than seven days (except where judicial authorities need such data for establishing the commission of criminal offences).
Data communicated by users
Sending messages, on the basis of the user’s free, voluntary, explicit choice, to the Mect’s contact addresses, or sending private messages to the Mect’s social media pages and profiles (where this option is available), and filling in and sending the forms made available on the Mect’s websites entail the acquisition of the sender’s contact information – which is necessary to provide a reply – as well as of any and all the personal data communicated in that manner.
Specific information notices will be displayed on the pages of the Mect's websites that are used for providing certain services.
Cookies and other tracking devices
Cookies are text files that the servers of the sites visited can store in the memory of the devices used by the user (PC, smartphone, tablet).
The information contained in the cookies is transmitted back to the servers when the user returns to visit the same sites.
More information on cookies and the rules governing them are on the website of the Italian data protection authority: www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie.
Our sites use the following cookies:
- Session cookies
- So-called session (non-persistent) cookies are used exclusively to the extent this is necessary to enable secure, efficient browsing. Storage of session cookies in terminal equipment or browsers is under the user's control, whilst cookie-related information is stored server-side after HTTP sessions in the service logs for no longer than seven days like all other browsing data.
- Essential technical cookies
- Persistent technical cookies. Cookies for activities strictly necessary for the functioning of the site or for saving browsing preferences and optimizing the User's browsing experience.
- Essential technical cookies for statistics and performance analysis
- Third-party cookies
- To view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over. But if you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics data is acquired through a code inserted on the site where the anonymization of IP addresses is pre-set. These anonymous data (example: number of visits, list of most visited pages, average time spent) and collected in aggregate form through an administration panel are used by site analysts, at the explicit request of the owner, in order to study new features of the site and improve navigability and user experience. The data is transmitted and stored on Google servers in the United States and is stored for a period of 26 months. Further information on Analytics privacy is available at https://policies.google.com/technologies.
- Google ADS. These cookies are used to display interesting adverts to users, to improve reporting on campaign performance and to prevent a user from seeing the same adverts multiple times. Through a cookie ID, Google records which ads are published on which browser and can thus prevent them from being displayed multiple times; Furthermore, Google ADS cookies are able to record so-called conversions, which refer to the recall of a specific advert but according to Google, Google ADS cookies do not contain information relating to natural persons. Based on the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We specify that we have no influence on the extent of the collection and the consequent use of the data acquired by Google through these tools and we can report what we are currently aware of, i.e. that through the integration of Google ADS, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or that you have clicked on one of our advertisements; if you are registered on a Google service, the latter can associate the visit with your account, while even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is still the possibility that the supplier becomes aware of and saves your address IP. You can avoid participating in this tracking procedure in several ways:
- through a specific setting of your browser, blocking third-party cookies means in particular that you do not receive advertisements from third-party providers;
- by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking, by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com https://www.marketingplatform.google.com, even if this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
- by deactivating the interest-related advertisements of providers, which are part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads” via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, although this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
- through permanent deactivation on Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers at the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin.
- further information on data protection in general by Google: https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/privacy. Alternatively you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- the legal basis for the processing of your data is art. 6 par. 1 row 1 letter f GDPR.
- Further information on Google policies: https://policies.google.com/technologies.
Given the complexity concerning the identification of technologies based on Cookies and their very close integration with the functioning of the web, the User is invited to contact the Owner if he wishes to receive any further information on the use of the Cookies themselves.
DEACTIVATION OR ELIMINATION OF COOKIES
These settings must be configured separately in each browser and device used. For information on the procedure to follow, refer to the specific browser guide:
Additional information for managing and deleting cookies through browsers is accessible on the site aboutcookies.org.
If you intend to revoke a consent given previously and restore the display of the banner with the brief information, you can use the browser tools to delete the cookies associated with the site domain.
To deactivate / activate individually the cookies of the main companies that install profiling cookies, we invite you to use the site www.youronlinechoices.com.
Regarding third-party cookies, please also refer to the privacy policies of the respective suppliers.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO NON-EU COUNTRIES
Through the Google Analytics service, Google ADS and social plugins, this site can share some of the data collected outside the European Union area. The transfer is permitted on the basis of specific Standard Contractual Clauses.
The recipient of the data collected following the consultation of the sites listed above is Mect srl.
DATA SUBJECTS' RIGHTS
Gli interessati hanno il diritto di ottenere da Mect, nei casi previsti, l'accesso ai dati personali e la rettifica o la cancellazione degli stessi o la limitazione del trattamento che li riguarda o di opporsi al trattamento (artt. 15 e ss. del Regolamento). L'apposita istanza è presentata contattando il Titolare a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data subjects have the right to obtain from Mect, where appropriate, access to their personal data as well as rectification or erasure of such data or the restriction of the processing concerning them, and to object to the processing (pursuant to Articles 15 to 22 of the Regulation). Please contact Mect to email@example.com to lodge all requests to exercise these rights.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If a data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her as performed via this website infringes the Regulation, he or she has the right to lodge a complaint with the Garante pursuant to Article 77 of the Regulation, or else to bring a judicial proceeding pursuant to Article 79 of the Regulation.
Last update: 20th of January 2023